In his career as a mediator and a District Court Judge Tony has completed over 1100 mediations and judicial settlement conferences.
• Tony was recognised as a leading family law mediator in New Zealand prior to his appointment to the District Court, both by his peers in the legal profession, and in the media.
• Tony is the only full time lawyer mediator appointed a Judge in New Zealand.
• In his role as a private mediator Tony completed over 940 mediations.
• Those mediations involved a wide range of disputes, including all aspects of family law and trusts, wills and estates, and many significant civil and commercial disputes.
• Over 800 of Tony’s mediations occurred between 2005 and 2013. Many of these mediations were multi-party mediations.
• In his role as a Judge Tony convened over 170 judicial settlement conferences in both the Family and Civil jurisdictions before electing to return to private mediation.
• Tony’s success rate as a private mediator was significantly in excess of 90%. His success rate as a Judge in settlement conferences was in excess of 95%.
• Tony has been a qualified mediator for over 20 years.